Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Refashionista Day 2: In Which I Do Not Follow the Schedule

Well, the refashionista event was never really about "refashioning along" and doing all the projects, but I was sort of planning to do that anyway. But, well, so much for plans--today's tutorial was for a (very cute) little girl's dress, and I just have my one little dude. So, it didn't "hit me where I live" so to speak. (What does that mean, anyway? If someone hit me where I lived I think I'd feel violated... anyway...). I still wanted to do a little refashioning, so I decided to dive into a simple little project I've been meaning to try for a while. Make It and Love It has a great little tutorial for repurposing a short-sleeved shirt into a long-sleeved one. It's getting chilly around these parts, and I thought it would be great to get Isaac's wardrobe ready for winter.

So, I took his my favorite of his shirts and took it from this:



To this:



Hurray! I'm so grateful for all these awesome ladies who take all the time to create things and then go the extra mile and share it with the whole internet. What a great time to be alive, eh?

Oh, and here's a picture of yesterday's scarf, in action. Oh, and me. I'm in it.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry! A boy version will be coming soon! Your little guy is sweet. I haven't figured out how to make a girl yet either, so I just find someone who has one to give the stuff to. Your scarf looks cuper cute on you! Thanks for sharing. I love that you're crafting along.

    ReplyDelete